Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Just a couple more things

Hi, quick notes:

1) I just set up my Picasa photo website. It is not public, but anytime I have any new pictures to upload, I'll include the link here. I have more Morocco photos that I stole from friends at the following link:
http://picasaweb.google.com/alison.maassen/Morocco?authkey=UqpFIiGYcJs
enjoy!

2) Just in case you were at all curious, I named this blog after a favorite passage in a poem, Tennyson's "Ulysses." (You may not have even noticed it had a name, but, surprise, it does!)The passage is as follows:

“…I am become a name
For always roaming with a hungry heart
Much I have seen and known…
I am a part of all that I have met;
Yet all experience is an arch, where thro’
Gleams that untravelled world, whose margin fades
Forever and ever when I move.
How dull it is to pause, to make an end.
To rust unburnished, not to shine in use!

And this gray spirit yearing in desire
To follow knowledge like a shining star
Beyond the utmost bound of human thought.
…come my friends,
‘Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the Western stars until I die…”


Ok, so a little dramatic, but it's a poem, what could you expect? Anyway, I'll update again ("insha'allah") from Cairo next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

half a league half a league is my favorite (into the breach rode the 600) have a safe trip